Monday, March 15, 2010

concerts...

My daughter recently asked me, "mom, what was the first concert you ever went to?"
I had to pause briefly, but then it came to me fairly quickly. "I was in 8th grade, in 1982, it was Ozzy Osbourne!" "Oh, Ozzy!" my daughter replied. She then imitated Ozzy in a drunken stupor, howling for Sharon, asking her to make guacamole. Life is strange.
Then I pondered more about the concerts I've attended throughout my life. OK, let's see, here's a random list:
  • U2 (several times; Hartford, Pittsburgh)
  • REM (I'm pretty sure Michael Stipe and I were separated at birth; oops, no, he's 10 years older than I am, oh well)
  • Hootie and the Blowfish (yes, somewhat embarrassing, but admit it; Darius Rucker has the vocal chops)
  • Heart (several times; I was so intrigued by the Wilson sisters)
  • Dar Williams (don't know her? look her up; she's amazing)
  • Indigo Girls (jeez, I know, what a cliche)
  • Tears for Fears (yep, this one really dates me, I know)
  • John Cougar Mellancamp (he had this trio of black women back-up singers - they carried the show)
That's all I can think of right now... I'll edit the list as I remember more.

No comments: