Sunday, September 27, 2009

Daily Reverence

My spiritual journey has led me to a place where I practice reverence every day. Reverence for my Creator, my Sustainer, my Redeemer. I know that I come from God and I will return to God, an idea encapsulated in the Latin expression "Exitus Reditus." Every morning, I ask myself:

"how will I reflect the Light of Christ today?"

"how will I express God's love today?"

"how will I interpret every person, every occurrence, every experience, through the lens of charity?"

"how will I put others' needs ahead of my own?"

Throughout the day, it is a process of listening, of quietly and carefully discerning God's will, of PAYING ATTENTION to the world, of recognizing the interconnectedness of all things and all people.

Then during the evening, I ponder how I actually did. Where did I succeed? How did I foster my relationship with Christ? Where did I fail? How did I harm my relationship with Christ?

This reflection is a core piece of my spiritual journey.

No comments: